Monday, August 23, 2010

Will dermatologists prescribe accutane to a patient without severe nodular acne?

I've had acne for about 6 years now and I'm fed up with it. I did go see a dermatologist about a year ago, and he refused to give me accutane. My parents as well refused to let me use the drug because my family has a history of suicide. I have gone through every over-the-counter drug, and also about 3-4 different prescribed pills to help my problem. Proactive has worked somewhat, but only on my face, while I have it on my neck and back.


Since I am 18 now, i want to see a dermatologist on my own so I won't need parental permission to use the drug, however I do not have my own insurance. Any advice toward my problem will be a big help.Will dermatologists prescribe accutane to a patient without severe nodular acne?
Accutane, a chemical cousin of vitamin A, is prescribed for the treatment of severe, disfiguring cystic acne that has not cleared up in response to milder medications such as antibiotics. It works on the oil glands within the skin, shrinking them and diminishing their output. You take Accutane by mouth every day for several months, then stop. The antiacne effect can last even after you have finished your course of medication.Will dermatologists prescribe accutane to a patient without severe nodular acne?
Okay i am 15 and have acne on my face and it's very disgusting.. :( my face used to look the smoothest and clearest skin ever.. but now, :(( huhu .. goodluck to us!
i would stear clear from accutane!!! first of all it is extremely expensive and even IF you had your own insurance you would pay a couple hundred dollars a month for meds.. it makes you very violant,you have to have your blood drawn every couple weeks,and you have to be approved by like 3 different doctors to even go on the drug and it takes over a year i believe to clear your acne.. and if you were to conceive a child it would come out mentally retarted and have a cone shaped head.. accutane is some major **** that you need to stay away from.. my ex had to take it and we ended up breaking up over this drug because it messes with your life


amberly

No comments:

Post a Comment