Friday, August 20, 2010

Has going to the dermatologist helped anyone with acne? My pimples are getting out of hand now!?

I've watched Murad and Proactive infomercials. I was disappointed with both products. Nothing seems to help my pimples! I have mild acne, but I feel like my face is never clear anymore! I use to have good skin last year, but this year I started having one or two pimples on my face at a time. Now it's four or five pimples on my face at a time! I'm 20 years old and I don't have time to deal with breaking out! The infomercials for Murad and Proactive always have people on claiming that their dermatologist couldn't help their acne. This made me kind of skeptic. I'm not sure if I should waste my time going to the dermatologist. Does anyone know how dermatologists treat acne (i.e. face wash, astringent, creams, pills)? Does he/she examine my face and tell me why I'm breaking out? Has going to the dermatologist helped anyone with acne?Has going to the dermatologist helped anyone with acne? My pimples are getting out of hand now!?
I have been to see two different dermatologists in the past and they didn't help me in the least. One told me I just needed to wash my face with soap and water (and didn't even get out of his chair across the room to examine me) and the other gave me some prescriptions for some products that didn't help and were expensive.





I have tried every conceivable product (including Proactive, which practically tore my dry, sensitive off) to no avail. It wasn't until I found Acne.org that I finally found some help. Honestly, I've been clear for the 2-years since I started following some of the website's advice (I'm 30 now) and I didn't think that was possible.





http://www.acne.org





Now, I tweaked some things about the acne regimen presented on the site (I have dry, sensitive skin), but you might find it works for you as is. It doesn't involve buying a lot of fancy products, or spending a lot of money. It just recommends using gentle methods to clean, treat (using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide) and moisturize your face. You can buy the products straight from the site - or choose to get something from a store near you. You might even already have what you need in your own medicine cabinet - but just need to learn a different way to treat your skin. I recommend that you give it a try before you go to a dermatologist. Honestly, it worked wonders for me.





If you want to know what I do: I use gentle products from La Roche Posay because they have no fragrance or irritating ingredients, mineral makeup instead of liquid foundation, avoid the ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (known to cause irritate skin and cause acne - Cetaphil even contains this!), and I also bought myself a dermal grade microdermabrasion cloth - and it did wonders for me too. This has all evolved over time, once I found what worked for my own skin. Good luck!!Has going to the dermatologist helped anyone with acne? My pimples are getting out of hand now!?
You know what? I am a 36 year old male and when I was a teen, I had acne and my mother tried every stupid and expensive way to treat acne. I noticed one day that my friend never had any acne. So I asked him why. He told me that he washes his face with soap several times a day whenever his skin felt greasy. If you rub your finger up your forehead at several times throughout the day, if you feel any oils, then go straight to the washroom and just wash you face with soap and water. It worked for me like a charm, within a week my acne was gone for good and for years after I would rub my finger up my forehead to check to greasy or oily skin. You'll never find a company out there who will tell you this, never, O.k., mind you I've told my wife this and she says it's too much to was your face 10 times a day (if that is what is necessary), but then I say well too bad. She still gets pimples at 35. Oh well...
try an Aveda acne line. I use the Outer Peace acne line by Aveda. They work miracles! and if you can, try to get a facial with extractions once a month at least. but try to go somewhere where they use all Aveda products. They're extractions are usually painless. I'm 20 and i had the same problem until i found Aveda. Good luck!
Go to see your doctor or dermatologist there are many things they can do. One thing is to try oral antibiotics.
Yes going to a dermatologist helps!!


It has helped my sister. They usually give face washes and recommend pills. They usually examine the face and answer all ur questions. Hope this helps =)
i went to the doctor and she gave me this shity antibiotics which didn't do **** for me!!! i tried proactive and that just made my acne worst or did nothing!!!


i've started using sulfur and zinc and that has been helping...
ok proactive didnt work for my brother.. its working for me..


My brother went to the Doctor and his skin is really clear now.. i suggject u go to the doctor
i started retin a, at first your acne get a little worse but by the 3 week you start to peel skin and you have clear skin, and its permanent, i love retin a its amazing i also advice taking doryx its a pill its soo good trust me i used to have horrible skin, and a couple of scars now its so clean and i the scar have faded, good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment