Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I went to the dermatologist the other day....???

I went to the dermatologist the other day and he prescribed me a generic brand piece of crap acne medication. qualitest benzoyl peroxide 10%..will it work the same, when will my face clear up??


he also prescribed me tetracycline for it, how will that work??


I hate generic brand stuff because its crap and cheap knockoff, y would my dermtologist do that to me???I went to the dermatologist the other day....???
By law generic medications have to contain the same active ingredient as the brand name medication. The secondary ingredients can be different though. However, benzoyl peroxide is benzoyl peroxide no matter how you look at it. There is no ';brand name'; of it. There are certain brands that use it in their products such as Neutrogena, Clean %26amp; Clear, Oxy, etc.





As for the tetracycline Rx, it is an antibiotic and it's not good to take antibiotics if you don't need them, but they will temporarily clear up your acne. Also, your insurance company may make the pharmacy give you a generic to save money.





My advice? Find a new dermatologist. Rx-ing BP and an antibiotic are old fashioned tricks that don't really work in the long run. There are much better products that have come on the market in recent years.I went to the dermatologist the other day....???
I work for a doctor and that is what he prescribes for acne. It is the first combo they use. The tetracycline is an antibiotic that works on the infection from the inside that can cause real acne (not just a few pimples here and there). The benzo is for the outside, it cleans and dries the outside surface. Give it a try (it doesn't work for everyone) and see if it will work for you... if after about 30-60 days, you see no improvement, then the doc will try something else. As with any medical condition, it is trial and error.
Don't let the word 'generic' get to you. It's the same thing, just less expensive.





This is what you do...take what the doctor gave you to the store or better yet look it up on the internet. Also look up your 'generic' brand and get the 'label' name or the 'more expensive' name, compare the main ingredient..benzoyl peroxide...and come to your own conclusions.





Nobody can tell you better than you....with all the facts. ;-}
Most generic stuff is exactly the same with just a different name...to me it just sounds like your dermatologist is trying to save you some money. I heard good things about tetracycline and my doctor prescribed me clindamycin phosphate gel which is really good stuff. It cleared my face in less than a week and kept it that way for almost a year now. Keep in mind though, that everyone's skin is different so you're doctor knows best.
Your skin gets used to Benzoyle Peroxide too and then your acne comes back!





I got tired of it and finally spent the money on the Medicated Acne Package from Bee Royal it has like 4-5 different acne fighting stuff. Not just one like the rest so your acne don't come back. It is the only thing that works! It's like $180 but last around 6-8 months. Check it out. I guarantee you will give me best answer after you try it!!
your derm did that to save you money with the generic brand!


what is the name of the topical treatment he prescribed for you? the tetracycline will help you very much since it's an oral antibiotic , next time tell him you want a namebrand since you have the money to spend on it
Generic medications work just the same. He probably prescribed the generic because the other brand probably wouldnt have been coverd by insurance...so maybe he did you a favor. Tetracycline works pretty good....
Actually, when it comes to medicated stuff, the generic stuff is just as good as brand name stuff, since they (usually) contains the same amounts of medicated ingredients.
My dermatologist gave me the same stuff, don't worry about it, it's not crap.





It worked wonders. The only pimples I have left now are very small, compared to the big bulky ones I used to have.
i used tetracycline and it worked well for me. it made my face really dry though

No comments:

Post a Comment