Friday, August 20, 2010

Do dermatologist specialize in treating cold sores also?

if no, what kind of doctor does?Do dermatologist specialize in treating cold sores also?
They do treat cold sores along with other doctors. Remember a cold sore is a virus that you have in your body. Antibiotics don't help get rid of this. Your doctor can prescribe an antiviral but they also have creams over the counter that help the cold sore to dry out and heal. I know you are tempted to pick at the cold sore when it is healing but don't because then you are back to step one. Key is right when you feel the tingling that you will get one (even though you can't see it) put the cream on. I know the feeling slight tingle and the itch and then one seems to pop up. Good luck with it. Remember these things can be passed on so take care and start the healing process.Do dermatologist specialize in treating cold sores also?
My dermatologist has prescribed several different things for my cold sores over the years. So has my general practitioner.
I would say to consult with your family physician or a dentist. Some information on cold sores is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment