Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I have bad acne and i have tried everything from a lot of different OTC and even been to 2 dermatologist..?

but nothing seems to work. what can i do?I have bad acne and i have tried everything from a lot of different OTC and even been to 2 dermatologist..?
Well if you're a girl you should try getting on some bc pills. Your dermatologist can prescribe them for you.





Otherwise an option would be to take antibiotics daily. Again, your dermatologist can prescribe them.





There are a lot of different prescription acne medications. It can take a lot of trial and error to find one that works for you. I was the same way. Differen and Benzaclyn did nothing for me, even though they helped my best friend, but when I tried retin-a micro I suddenly saw a difference. Now my skin is sooo much better.





My best advice would be to go back to the dermatologist and try something new. It takes about 3 months for these things to even start working, so be patient. If after 3 months, it doesn't improve GO BACK and try something else. Over the counter products aren't gonna give you the same results prescriptions can.I have bad acne and i have tried everything from a lot of different OTC and even been to 2 dermatologist..?
Your best bet is to find a dermatologist that truly seems interested in helping and follow their suggestions, most require several appts sometimes every 2 weeks until it gets controlled. Also know that it will require $$$$. Chemical peels and dry ice treatments, for example.
you wont hear anything on hear a dermitoligist hasnt told you if nothing works live with it youll grow out of it

No comments:

Post a Comment