Monday, July 26, 2010

Should I see a dermatologist?

I have a mole on my skin about the size of a dime. It is flat, but a tad bit more raised from the rest of my skin.... I have had it for as long as I can remember, so I don't think it is cancerous, but could I be wrong? Should I see a dermatologoist?Should I see a dermatologist?
ABCD's of moles. Asymmetrical-Is it odd shaped? If you folded it in half would it match on each side? Border-are the edges uneven? Color-Is it different colored in spots or has it changed color? Dimension-is it bigger than a pencil eraser?





In my experience ABC are more important than D, so I wouldn't be worried. Watch it close to check for changes in color or size, and if it does go see someone.Should I see a dermatologist?
Yes, definitely. Chances are it is not cancerous, but you can't put a price on piece of mind. It is such a relief to hear it is benign firsthand from a doctor.





While you are there, you should also have the doc inspect your back, arms, or anywhere else you have moles, just to be safe. To get your money's worth out of the visit, have him/her check anything you think is even a little suspicious.





Best wishes.
i doubt it is cancerous because when they are they start to turn like a greenish brown color





but u should probably visit a dermatologist anyways because there are so many skin things these days!
Bigger than a pencil eraser? Yes, see a dermatologist.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment