Saturday, July 24, 2010

My ambition is to be a dermatologist but the problem is i'm afraid of handling dead bodies...?

Recently my dad joke about how derma student have to handle dead bodies.Is it true??My ambition is to be a dermatologist but the problem is i'm afraid of handling dead bodies...?
Medical students do have to study the human body. I think you should find out from a college or university exactly what's required for dermatology... I know a LOT of stuff... but I'm not sure about this...so go straight to the experts. BTW...my Dad used to take me to his cadaver class when he was in school...and it wasn't bad at all! Good luck! Hugs, Gina C.My ambition is to be a dermatologist but the problem is i'm afraid of handling dead bodies...?
No, your dad was only kidding, dermatologist treat alive people, not dead ones, their profession is about skin only, only morticians handle dead bodies.
Surely you have some idea about what a dermatologist is, don't you? A dermatologist is a doctor of skin diseases. He or she doesn't have anything to do with dead bodies, and your father is a jerk to say what he did. Obviously, he doesn't know crap about dermatology, either!
I've never heard of that for derm school, but for med school I had to go through that. Not as bad as you would think. I didn't eat before hand, just in case I would get sick, but it was really no big deal. It's just a person.





Don't let your fears get in the way of your dreams!!!
maybe in medical school
all medical students no matter what field you go in must see and do exams on dead bodies.. just cove the face with a cloth and think of it as a big chicken...
dermatologists work with mostly live people
Most folks I've seen were still breathing...the other's were merely questionable (actually, it turned out they were breathing, too).
yes its true. so perhaps your ambition is not really thought out.
not quite true that you will be handeling dead bodies you will have to disect and animal maybe i doubt a body because thats some1s family member and they just dont let any ole shmo disect people plus you said your dad was joking!
Yes, it's true. The class is called gross anatomy and it is required in Medical school.

No comments:

Post a Comment