Monday, July 26, 2010

My dermatologist pescribed me Accutane for my acne. Is it really dangerous to take?

I took it 10 years ago. It was a godsend for me. Just stay out of the sun...really...as in you'll burn! Also, your lips will become very dry. I recomend a product called DCT (Daily Care Therapy) made by Blistex. I comes in a jar, rather than a tube. A pharmacist suggested this to me b/c merely applying ';stick'; lip balm tore my lips up. You will also need a blood test every month to check your liver enzymes (Accutane is pretty tough on the old liver). You can't drink alcohol, or take Vitamin A supplements while on Accutane therapy. Of course, if you are a woman, you MUST take every precaution not to be, or become pregnant before and during your course of treatment. Follow all of these, and I think you will be ok. I have many friends who have taken it as well. None have had nay problems to my knowledge. It's something you must weigh the risks vs. benefits. It is truly a miracle drug. I tried everyting; minocycline, tetracycline, erythromycin (orally and topically), salicylic acid, and every OTC benzoyl peroxide product in existence; all with minimal results. Within 6 weeks on Accutane, I had NOT ONE pimple. Good luck!My dermatologist pescribed me Accutane for my acne. Is it really dangerous to take?
Be very careful with it. There are many side effects. It can hurt your liver, raise your cholesterol, cause depression, give you night blindness, make your skin very sensitive, and cause birth defects. I had to take accutane twice. It cleared up my cystic acne. The first time I took it i had no side effects other than my skin being sensitive. The second time around, I ended up having depression. Fortunately, it only lasted a month and I was taken off accutane. Be very careful!!!!!!!!!!My dermatologist pescribed me Accutane for my acne. Is it really dangerous to take?
There are many cheap and effective home remedies for acne. Tomato slices, turmeric, papaya juices and home made face packs will treat existing pimples and prevent further problems. More remedies at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/acne.html
Yes, it is a dangerous drug. You may want to find that rare doctor that has the knowledge and desire to find the CAUSE of you acne. The first place a knowledgeable doctor will look is at the health and function of your gut.





Best wishes and good luck.
Doctors are so annoying. Accutane is an amazing drug that has had a really bad reputation. But don't worry, if you have bad acne, take it and you won't be dissapointed. Just make sure you can afford moisturizer!
i have really bad acne but my doc gave me pills called tetralysal i know this wont answer ur question but i know how deppresed u can get from spots a used to get terrible acny coverd head to toe and aslong as i take those pills a get the odd 1 or 2 a month ask ur gp about them
My sister and I both took it when we each turned 15. We turned out fine.


You shouldn't have it if you're pregnant or are about to become pregnant.


Or if you have any sort of liver desease. Or consume alot of alcohol.





The only side effects that my sister and I had were dry skin and mouth. I had to put skin cream on twice a day. And I had to constantly sip water.





This is just my experience, but you shoulld talk to your doctor about the exact risks involved; and then speak to another doctor to see if the risks match up.





P.S. If it was really dangerous to take, the FDA wouldn't allow it's consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment