Saturday, July 24, 2010

Does anyone know a dermatologist or surgeon in the UK (or US) who works on black skin?

I have a dark patch on my skin which refuses dissapear, ive tried every cream under the sun to no avail. I spoke to a dermatologist at BUPA but she said that becuase I have black skin laser treatment would make the situation worse, and would only work on white/light skinned people. There must be some solution out there which is why I ask for places in the US if there really is none in the UK. ThanksDoes anyone know a dermatologist or surgeon in the UK (or US) who works on black skin?
Laser treatment on black skin generally leads to much lighter or much darker pigmentation problems occuring, so yes your skin would look alot worse.


If you look hard enough you will find a doc who will do it for you. You will find one on Harley Street, problem is they will make you sign a disclaimer and then when your skin looks really bad you will be left to deal with it.


Do what I did, I had bad scarring on my skin. Go to Boots or Superdrugs and buy this product called Bio Oil. It lasts ages and is 拢5-拢9 depending on what size you get. Rub it into your dark patch twice a day or even 3 times if you are able to.


Give it 2 months and guarantee if your patch aint gone it will be significantly lighter. If you don't believe me go to google and put in the words bio oil and reviews and find some reviews somewhere and read. Anyway it worked for me and I hope it will work for you.





If you are determined to get a treatment of some sort then have a look at this old article for some places you can go...





http://www.blackbeautyandhair.com/html/d鈥?/a>








Good Luck girlfriendDoes anyone know a dermatologist or surgeon in the UK (or US) who works on black skin?
Best Dermatologist for african american skin is in Chicago. however, be warned that the dr only sees cancer people, her PA-C is white but is highly knowledgeable on black skin as wel and does the acne/cosmetic dermatology stuff.





www.skinwelllnesscenter.org





Its hard to get in so if you e-mail me privately I can probably get you in on a referral.
Your better off looking in Africa or Asia than the US or UK, if bupa have given u that advice then its makes senses to look in that part of the world (also some of the best doctors and experts come from Africa and Asia!)

No comments:

Post a Comment