Thursday, July 22, 2010

I need to know of a dermatologist's advice on how to remove scars in both acne and chicken pox?

I'm had acne for about 2 years...I'm 15


I've had chicken pox scars almost all my life...about 12-13 years (per say)


I HATE THEM!!!I need to know of a dermatologist's advice on how to remove scars in both acne and chicken pox?
I am not a dermatologist, however, I can say that if your parents choose to, there are treatments that can improve your skin's texture. Some of them are very extreme and require a lot of healing and some are less extreme. Microdermabrasion is a gradual skin polishing that can help and packages can be bought at any medical spa and even some beauty salons. Keep in mind that anything you do will be gradual and will take time. Unfortunately, skin issues DO NOT resolve themselves quickly.I need to know of a dermatologist's advice on how to remove scars in both acne and chicken pox?
as a registered nurse, i have to say there is no cream or lotions that will erase scars left by acne or chicken pox. if you have pigmented acne scar, there are few stuff out there that will lighten them to a ceratin degree but takes long time. (MAMA lotion). on the other hand, if you have scars that are pitted or dented, your best bet is to go see a dermatologist where they have several laser or fraxel, chemical peels and other options. the problem is that it is extremely expensive and requires several treatments. i had a consult 2 weeks ago myself and they recommended 3-4 intense pulse light treatments at 400 bucks each!! needless to say, my face still has scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment