Saturday, July 24, 2010

Help, preferably from a doctor or dermatologist?

Ok I have these little bumps on my forearms and upper-thighs. I don't know why they are there. They don't itch and they aren't red or anything. Just little bumps. I know alot of people who have them, also on their face. Why are they there? What are they? How can I get rid of them??Help, preferably from a doctor or dermatologist?
Without examining you there is NO WAY ANYONE on here can have a clue what is wrong.Help, preferably from a doctor or dermatologist?
Hi there





Sounds like milia, it is not dangerous or anything. May I hazard a guess and ask whether you are a bit overweight? Milia is more commonly seen in overweight people, and usually goes away if you loose some weight. You can also try a cream/lotion with urea in it, it sometimes helps as well. Please don't misunderstand me, people with normal weight can also get it. Good luck
They are called Keratosis Pilaris and are actually very common. They are associated with sensitive skin and are best treated with a skin cream containing glycolic or lactic acid. Go to the following web site for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment