Monday, July 26, 2010

Is mole removal covered by insurance if the dermatologist does NOT think it's cancerous?

healthquotes.awardspace.info - here is my health insurance plan. As I remember they can provide such a service.Is mole removal covered by insurance if the dermatologist does NOT think it's cancerous?
My PCP Dr. removed mine and it was covered by my insurance. He did it right in his office. He removed one on my forehead and I'm going to see if he can remove these two that I have on my neck. It's all about how your Dr. writes it up to the insurance company.....if it's irritated,sore or bleeding because it's in an awkward spot on your body to where it gets bumped or rubbed alot....then you ought to be able to have it removed and it be covered under your insurance.Is mole removal covered by insurance if the dermatologist does NOT think it's cancerous?
No because then it is considered cosmetic surgery.
It all depends on insurance. My insurance is very stict but they cover removals of any kind. It also might be affected by your age.





Many insuance companies will just to prevent it from becoming cancerous. So I would say in most cases yes, but ask your doctor or call the agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment