Saturday, July 24, 2010

My dermatologist said that laser hair removal isn't 100% permanent so how long does it generally last?

it varies depending on where this hair is, how thick it is, and your skin type. So you can't really tell unless you get your skin examined first.My dermatologist said that laser hair removal isn't 100% permanent so how long does it generally last?
First you must shave the area. Then the person will use a machine on the hair in that area. The hair will fall out within 1-2.5 weeks. The hair WILL grow back. It takes more than one treatment to get rid of the hair. In my experience, I haven't heard of anyone in the long run having the hair return after they did enough treatments for it to disappear.


Incidentally, I waxed my legs for several years, and certain patches also never grew back.


I learned that the once the hair falls out through laser or is ripped out through waxing, the root must work to regrow the entire hair over again. (Not like with shaving where you just cut it off at the surface but the hair root remains in tact.)


The first person to reply is correct.


It also depends on the thickness and colouring of your hair/skin. Certain hair colours will leave room for more scarring with laser. Plus, if you hair is very thick or course, it could take much longer to stop growing back.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment