Monday, November 21, 2011

Going to dermatologist for first time, help please???

so i am going to a dermatologist and i have very little acne but my mom is making me go for some reason....anyways, can you wear makeup to the dermatologist, will she make me take it off? i look like crap without make up so i don't want to have to take it off, but whatever....anyway, what should I expect?Going to dermatologist for first time, help please???
I won't leave the house without makeup, but when I go to the dermatologist, I take a wet washcloth in a baggie. When I'm shown to a room, I'll wipe off everything on my face except eye makeup. After she's done with whatever she's going to do, I reapply my makeup in the restroom before I leave. If I'm going straight home afterwards, I don't take great pains with it, the bare minimum will do.


The Dr. really needs to see your bare face to diagnose any problems you may have, so just take your makeup with you.Going to dermatologist for first time, help please???
Wow! I wanna go to YOUR doctor! Report Abuse

I go to my dermatologist at least once a year to get a skin cancer screening. That's where the doctor just looks over your entire body, miuns what's covered by your underwear, to see if there are any pre-cancerous spots or moles. I have a lot of moles on my body and I've been sunburned many times as a kid so I like to be sure and catch anything early. I had a mole cut off during my last visit in fact. It wasn't anything major and I didn't feel a thing.





If you are going for acne the doctor will most likely instruct you on how to keep your face clean and maybe give you some medication. I don't think it'll be necessary to remove makeup but I'm a guy so I wouldn't know. I would amagine makeup isn't good of acne though. Keep your face clean as much as possible.
Hear it from me, who went to a Dermatologist 10 years ago and at that time, I spent over $400 and nothing happened. This doctor was the best in town at the time. Acne is an age and hormone thing. Try to work on your diet and stay away from greasy and spicy food. Also, use cosmetic and skincare products like Origins. Believe me, you will grow out of it. Re your situation now, yes, they will take off your makeup and inject medications in your acne. It is painful and the acne will come back-
i would not wear it.write down any thing you want to ask first.and ask if wearing make up everyday can dammage skin. what she recommends to take it off,moisturizer etc.also if sun tanning helps or not acne...and if it is true that eating chocolates and chips make it worse.


good luck.
Yes, they want you to have a clean face when you see a dermatologist but if your that worried about it just wear makeup like normal but bring some facewash to the Dr.'s office. Use their bathroom and wash your face before they call you...you know your gonna have to wait forever anyway
My mom went and she never had to take her makeup off, then again she wasn't there for acne, but a cancerous mole. anyway too much info. ummm. i think if u go w/o makup youll be better off, just when ur done, bring some to apply after unless ur told otherwise. i hope this works out for u. good luck to ya.
Sorry sis, but im a client at my demo office and she made me take my make up the first time i went there
If this is your first time, she might do an evaluation. If you go for treatments, then you will take off your makeup.
If you are going for facial reasons, you will most likely have to remove your makeup. The Dr. will examine your skin, and possibly do a skin cancer check- he/she may use a special lamp to see what kind of damage lies beneath... so to speak and then he/she will talk to you about what you consider to be a concern and will prescribe medications accordingly. It is good to get any of your issues under control while you are young because good habits last a life time!

No comments:

Post a Comment