Monday, November 21, 2011

Dermatologist question ?

I'm looking to persue a modeling career, but I've got a little bit of facial acne.


If I were to see a derm. what are some things that would be done to get this fixed?


And what would be a general cost ?





Thanks ;DDermatologist question ?
I just went to the Derm for the first time last week. I was nervous since I'm 18 and havent been to one, ever. I sat in the room and waited and then he looked at my face and prescribed me a medication. I'm on Duac -- I dont have acne anymore .. but he saw I had some scarring and a few hormonal zits. The Duac has been great!





My sister went and she was breaking out and had some blackheads - no scars though. Same derm. prescribed her Retin-A-Micro .. and then she went to Differin.





So it all depends on your skin. With the costs -- I have insurance so that covers ALOT of it. I'm guessing it was about 100$-200$ for my Duac Prescription.





But I'm getting a 3 months supply too, so it depends on how much you order. It also depends on how long the tube lasts. Duac lasts about 3 months (has to be refridgerated) so I mean I guess the 100$ evens it out since it lasts pretty long.





I would start going to the Derm. now. My derm. told me its better to start treatments in the Summer because your face heals faster than in the winter. And of course as your face changes so will the prescriptions.





Hope that helps! And good luck with your modeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment