Monday, November 21, 2011

Dermatologist and moles?

I have a new spot on my back and two moles that Ive had forever but have changed. I seen the doc but I have to see a dermo too, but I have to wait for the referal to go through and appointment set up. It could take a month to get in....so what do I do. I am already scared. I wish I could just walk in and see the derm, I hate that you have to wait. Will everything be ok with having to wait, I mean if its anything it should be in an early stage right? So a month of waiting is that ok.Dermatologist and moles?
As far as the wait time, I think the real questions are:





--What is your family history of moles and of skin cancers?





--What is your history with other moles being checked and/or removed? Were they benign?





--How long has it been since you've noticed the changed moles actually change before you called for an appointment?





The answers to these questions will have an impact on the waiting time's appropriateness.





One thing you can do for yourself in advance is to take a picture periodically of your moles and keep it for yourself to monitor for any changes in shape, color, size, borders. This is especially helpful if you have a digital camera. Also, for moles you can't generally see or take a picture of, have a relative or friend take a picture at regular intervals for monitoring purposes.





I have some other info. for you that I don't want to put out publically, but since you don't allow e-mail, you'll have to contact me directly yourself if you're interested.





Good luck.Dermatologist and moles?
It will be fine....it's most likely nothing, and if it is, just be glad you're getting it taken care of.....most people let moles go a lot longer, or never even pay attention to them...
A few months is fine, no worries. Moles tend to change but getting invasive quickly in practically never heard of. Relax and keep the appointment.
Yes, dear, everything will be 'just fine' and you should 'stop worrying' while you 'wait' to see the Dermatologist. You 'could have' skin cancer, but even most of those aren't 'really bad' ... and if you are like I was, and have MALIGNANT MELANOMA then your 'regular doctor' would have made an 'emergency appointment' with the dermatologist. GOOD LUCK my dear. But BELIEVE IN THE DOCTORS, because they 'know' a LOT MORE than we do ... and they'll 'take care of us properly' given half a chance.
burn'em off

No comments:

Post a Comment